Information about this Sunday’s worship gathering (July 21), to help you and your family prepare for worship.
Order of Worship
- Call to Worship: All Creatures of Our God and King
- We Sing Praise: We Will Feast in the House of Zion
- We Sing Praise: Agnus Dei
- Pastoral Prayer – Scripture Reading – the Collection
- We Worship in Song: Christ the Sure and Steady Anchor
- We Worship in Song: Holy, Holy, Holy
- Testimonies & Corporate Prayer
- We Hear God’s Word Proclaimed – “What Shall We Say?” Part 4 (Rom 8:31-39)
- We Sing in Response: Standing on the Promises of God
- The Lord’s Supper
Sermon Text: Read Romans 8:31-39.
We have been studying this passage for several weeks, breaking down each verse and promise. This week, we will pull it all together and focus on applying this to our lives as believers.
Questions and Ideas to consider:
- Which of the 4 promises we have looked at in this passage (No Threat – v31, No Lack – v32, No Guilt – v33, No Separation – v35) is most precious to you as a believer?
- Do you live as though these promises are true of you? If not, why not?
- Is it your daily practice as a believer to set the promises and truths of the gospel before your eyes and thoughts? If not, why not?
- What is the value of reminders of the gospel truths we already know? Do we need them? Honestly, do we get excited about reminders, or do we run after something “new?”
- Can you identify what Paul is comparing in this passage? What two sets of persons/things is he comparing, and why? Which of these two things is your focus, usually?
- What is the result of focusing each day on the things that are against us – suffering, circumstances, etc? What is the result of focusing on the Lord and his great gospel truths?
- What does it take for believers to keep the focus of faith on Christ and the gospel each day? Practically speaking, what does that look like?
This week let’s pray together for the Lord to minister to believers. Ask him to help his people set his truths before our eyes and hearts each day, living in faith. Pray for deep spiritual healing and maturity to take place in our lives! Ask the Holy Spirit to build up his church! And may unbelievers be born again through the living word of God in our midst!
How can you serve Christ’s body this week in the gathering? How can you help believers grow in maturity and live out of the gospel promises, beyond the gathering of the church?