Here is information about this Sunday’s worship gathering (September 16), to help you and your family prepare for worship.
Sermon Text: Read Romans 4:9-13.
Paul has used Abraham and David as examples of Old Testament saints who were justified by faith, and not by works. But they were both Jews… Is this justification for Jews only, or Gentiles, too? A look at the new people of God in Christ, and the glorious plan God has for us: we are heirs of the whole world!
Questions and Ideas to consider:
- Who are the true descendants of Abraham? Ethnic Jews? Believing Jews? The Church? What makes us God’s people?
- What amazing plans does God have for the children of Abraham (see v13)? Hint: It’s Epic! Huge! Glorious!
- How will we receive this inheritance? On what basis?
Order of Worship
- Call to Worship: All Creatures of Our God and King (Sovereign Grace version)
- Sing Together: Savior of the World
- Prayer – Scripture Reading – the Collection
- Sing Together: (New Song) Jerusalem
- Sing Together: Behold Our God
- Testimonies – Corporate Prayer
- Preaching God’s Word – “Heir of the World” (Rom 4:9-13)
- Sing in Response: How Great is Our God
- The Lord’s Supper
Ask the Lord to meet with his people in a powerful way, working through his word, by his Spirit, for our good and his glory! Pray that God will open our eyes to the glories of his grace in Christ, and give us believing hearts!
What can you do to serve God’s people in the gathering? What needs doing before or after? How can you help? Who can you encourage?